In March 1973, fifteen (15) individuals sought to create an institutional forum focused in the pursuit of common professional interest to public accountants. To address a common goal, they established the Association of Certified Public Accountants in Commerce and Industry (ACPACI) with the founding members as the first set of directors and officers.
Through the years, membership increased and is composed of Comptrollers, Finance Officers and other executives affiliated with top corporations.
Today, ACPACI has become a truly cohesive group of professionals in the Commerce and Industry sectors sworn to provide quality financial and allied services directed to attaining effective business decisions. It now maintains active participation with other sectoral organizations in the accounting profession – the Association of CPAs in Public Practice (ACPAP), the Government Association of CPAs (GACPA), the Association of CPAs in Education (ACPAE) and is a dynamic member of the national organization of CPAs, the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
ACPACI Seeks to Upgrade Professional Development of CPA’s in Commerce and Industry
In addition, it aims to:
- Promote advancement of the accounting profession in the field of Commerce and Industry through research, seminars, discussions and dynamic exchange of knowledge amongst its members;
- Assist members in addressing common problems in accounting, information systems, business finance, administration and management;
- Promote high professionalism and adherence to established ethical standards in the performance of services and responsibilities;
- Maintain effective liaison with the members of other sectoral organizations;
- Assist and cooperate with the Board of Accountancy in the attainment of its objectives.